We’re looking for a Media Specialist
Date Posted: February 5, 2019Reading time: 2 minutes
Trampoline is currently looking for a Media Specialist to join our team! We are one of Halifax’s fastest-growing agencies and have a team filled with passion, ambition and entrepreneurial spirit. We serve many interesting clients across a wide range of industries including tourism, post-secondary education, retail, sports entertainment and not-for-profit.
Our Media Specialist will join other members of the Media team (recently awarded Department of the Year, we might add) to strategize and execute on our client’s multi-channel marketing strategies, both online and offline. Based on varying client budgets and objectives and working collaboratively with our social media, web development, creative and account services groups, the Media Specialist will plan, negotiate, purchase, execute and monitor advertising across multiple channels, with a strong emphasis on the digital space.
The Media Specialist will also be responsible for leveraging various research and measurement tools to monitor and distill insights regarding customers, markets, competitors and campaign/website effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions.
This role reports to our media supervisor.
- Assist in developing strategic, multi-channel media plans and campaign tactics with a focus on the digital space, but also considering such channels as broadcast, out-of-home, ambient, print etc.;
- Book media placement, facilitate trafficking and delivery of ads to media partners, and personally execute digital self-serve tactics online;
- Perform research to understand our client’s business objectives, challenges, target audiences and advertising strategy;
- Recommend performance measurement strategies based on campaign objectives and develop reports to communicate effectiveness of tactics using data to inform future campaigns;
- Keep up-to-date on media industry news, trends and important martech announcements;
- Combine creative thinking with factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns reach their target audiences as effectively as possible;
- Conceive of media solutions in collaboration with fully integrated strategy, creative, social media and digital teams;
- Use existing agency resources and tools such as Vividata, Comscore, etc. to identify target audiences and analyze their characteristics, behaviour and media habits;
- Foster relationships with clients, media suppliers and partners;
Skills and Experience:
- An undergraduate degree, ideally with a marketing concentration;
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an integrated marketing role;
- Day-to-day familiarity with Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, and Google Analytics a must, and ideally some experience with YouTube Studio, Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio;
- A track record of successfully delivering multi-channel campaigns and can provide examples of those successes;
- A keen interest in new marketing technology and emerging channels/platforms;
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial nature – the role requires both an ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to create trusting relationships with suppliers, clients and coworkers;
- Strong time-management, organizational, written and oral communication skills, with high attention to detail;
- The ability to effectively create and deliver internal and external presentations;
- Agency experience is a bonus, but not a requirement.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected] addressed to Stephanie Pelley, by February 25. Only those who are suitable for the role will be contacted.